Recently, someone hacked twitter & facebook accounts for an Egyptian activist, so I decided to share those tips on facebook, maybe it help someone or at least make it more difficult to be hacked.
Remember, there's nothing called 100% secure, but let's learn and do our best.
1. Use a password managers if you don't, e.g. KeePass, and store an additional copy of database & key files on cloud, e.g. a secure Dropbox or SkyDrive account.
2. Activate Two-step authentication in any site supports this feature, e.g. Google, Dropbox, and Facebook. It's also called Two-factor, Second-factor, 2FA, or Multi-factor autentication abbreviated as MFA.
3. Use App Passwords after activating MFA which available, like on Google or Facebook.
4. Use Google Authenticator on Android, or Authenticator on WP8, for security codes generation better than receiving Text messages.
5. It'll be easir to manage if you use OAuth as much as you can, than generating new passwords for every new site or service but make sure to secure this OAuth account tightly or it'll be the weakness point to endanger all your accounts.
This is not a simple thing to achieve, if you're not familiar with these concepts and it requires time to learn about it first then apply it gradually, account by account, until you secure all your accounts without accidentally locking/losing an account.
Wish you a safe surfing.